BWCIWCH 07794040699 email@example.com BOOK 07794040699
CONDITIONS OF USE OF CARMARTHEN VELODROME
1. The velodrome is controlled and managed by Carmarthen Town Council (CTC);
2. CTC may cancel the use of the cycle track without notice (for example in the event of inclement weather that may render the use of the track to be unsafe);
3. All cyclists use the velodrome at their own risk and must at all times comply with these conditions of use;
4. All cyclists must use the facility in a responsible way and with due consideration to all other users;
5. All cyclists should cycle in an anti-clockwise direction at all times;
6. There should be no mix of ‘fixed wheel’ and ‘free wheel’ cycling at the same time;
7. All cyclists must supply their own bicycles which must be clean and in good working order and safe for use – CTC retains the right to refuse access to and use of the cycle track if bicycles are deemed to be in an unworthy condition or likely to cause damage to the facility;
8. All cyclists must wear a helmet and gloves when cycling on the track;
9. It is the responsibility of all users to ensure that they are able to cycle safely and a physical assessment of the track must be undertaken by the user prior to use. Any issue of concern should be reported to Carmarthen Town Council;
10. Groups of three or more riders must be accompanied by a qualified coach;
11. Children 11 years and under must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times;
12. Cycling is not permitted when authorised events are taking place at the rugby pitch;
13. No access is permitted to the rugby pitch when authorised ‘Exclusive Use’ of the velodrome is taking place (see 15 below).
14. ‘FREE PUBLIC USE’ PERIODS
Members of the public are able to access and use the cycle track (not the changing rooms) free of charge (subject to the conditions of use) Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm, Sundays (all day) and during other specific periods as determined by CTC (e.g. for certain events and targeted coached sessions).
15. GROUP BOOKINGS & OTHER ‘EXCLUSIVE USE’ OF THE CYCLING TRACK
All ‘exclusive use’ of the cycling track by individuals or groups must be authorised by CTC and must be booked in advance via the online booking system available at the CTC website – www.carmarthentowncouncil.gov.uk or via telephone 01267 235199. Charges (see below) will apply to such use.
a. ‘Group’ means three or more people using the cycle track at the same time (excluding the coach);
b. All groups using the track must be accompanied by a cycling coach currently qualified and accredited by Welsh Cycling. Coaches are not provided by CTC other than for designated events;
c. No group to consist of more than twenty cyclists on the cycle track at any one time.
The hourly charges for exclusive use of the velodrome and facilities (including access to the changing rooms and showers) are as follows:
No Floodlights With Floodlights
All Users £25.00 £30.00
Corporate Use £50.00 £70.00
Daily Rate £150.00
* Charges for cancellations of bookings will be not apply provided users give a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to CTC of the cancellation.
17. HEALTH & SAFETY
It is the responsibility of all users to ensure that they are able to cycle safely and a physical assessment of the track must be undertaken by the user prior to use. Any issue of concern should be reported to Carmarthen Town Council. Anyone experiencing antisocial behaviour whilst using the velodrome should report the matter to the police via 101 or in an emergency by telephoning ‘999’.